Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn in The Air




I've seen many bloggers write that fall is their favorite time of the year. I like this time of the year but I have to say I do not have a favorite season. I grew up north of Seattle and the weather was pretty much gray with rain most of the time. When I moved to Central Oregon I loved that there were four distinct seasons.
What I notice the most is when autumn is in the air- you know it. For the past couple of weeks there has been a chill in the evenings. We've had beautiful days, as the photos will contest to.
Amber waves of grain.

Brisk mornings.

The last cutting of alfalfa.



Big beautiful mums.


The transition from autumn to winter is a bit blurred. It sure doesn't wait until December 21st to snow. And the crocuses blooming in spring tells me I may be able to plant annuals or a garden in 2 months.
I love the change of seasons and welcome them all, on their time.








6 comments:

  1. I agree. friendly LQS employees are important. I buy what i can there but many times they do not carry what I need. BAsics like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love everything about fall...what am I doing in Florida? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each photo is lovely. Thanks for sharing your part of the country at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! Love your pictures - did you take them all?

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!