Thursday, April 2, 2009

Folk Art Quilting

This first quilt is by Lori Smith called Folk Art Pleasures, or something similar. I fused this and machine buttonholed with matching thread and machine quilted it too. (I see the photo is an old one before quilting. It is quilted now and is hanging on my wall!)


The next one was a block of the month by Joined at the Hip. It is hand appliqued and machine quilted.
I guess I didn't realize how much I hand applique until I started putting together this blog. I love it because it is so portable. I like to keep my hands busy in the evening while watching television too.
Lori



2 comments:

  1. I love all of your quilts. I think I didn't comment yesterday, but I just got hooked on Jan Patek quilts and have Primitive Primer on the way. I can't wait to start that. Your Millenium Garden quilt is my favorite one that I've seen!

    I almost bought the set of patterns of the Joined at the Hip basket quilt a couple of months ago, but wound up buying something else. I think they only had one left of the complete set. So cute! I might have to revisit that decision. :-D I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! You are so talented :o)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!