Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vintage Quilts


There is just something about a vintage quilt that I love. I deeply admire the old fashioned applique with tons of quilting, but I also love the simplicity of quilts that warmed the house and home. This quilt I picked up at the local thrift store. I may have paid a dollar for it. I'm sure it was meant to go in a dog house or to soak up an oily spill in the garage. I'm so glad I snagged it!!

My daughter has it now and uses it to stay warm. (One of a few quilts that she has.) Unless I'm buying an heirloom, I want my quilts and textiles to be used, washed and loved. I have yet to have a quilt fall apart in the washing machine.
More vintage quilts to come!
Lori

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt. Something I want to make. It must be a fun quilt to make just cut and sew !

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!